Yardi Acceptable Use Policy
Updated July 22nd, 2015
Yardi Systems, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Yardi”) provides its clients with the Yardi Voyager technology platform (“Voyager”) and a variety of
related services (“Services”). The Voyager platform contains a great amount of proprietary Yardi material and content, including, but not limited to, user
manuals, training videos and, of course, the software itself (“Yardi Material” and, collectively, with Voyager and the Services, “Yardi Technology”). This
Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy” or “AUP”) is designed to protect Yardi’s intellectual property rights and describes certain prohibited uses of Yardi
Technology, whether directly or through another party, and under a signed, executory, license agreement with Yardi or otherwise. Of course, this AUP also
protects the interests of Yardi clients and their customers as well as the goodwill and reputation of everyone involved. By using this Voyager platform and
any Yardi Technology, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate this Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or
terminate your use of Yardi Technology.
Authorized Access to Yardi Technology
You may access and use Yardi Technology solely for an authorized Yardi Client’s property management and accounting and related business purposes (“Business
Purposes”). You may not allow or provide access to Yardi Technology to any third party for any purpose. By accessing and using Yardi Technology: (1) you
represent and warrant that you are an authorized licensee of Yardi Technology pursuant to a written agreement either as a Yardi client or as a member
consultant of the Yardi Independent Consultant Network, and (2) you agree to be bound and abide by, without limitation or qualification, this Policy. You
shall not: (a) copy or recreate the software or its objects found on the Voyager platform without Yardi’s prior express written consent; (b) modify,
reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or attempt to derive or alter any source code of Voyager or any other Yardi software; (c) use Yardi Technology to
provide service bureau, time sharing, or similar services to third parties, including any parent subsidiary, or other affiliate of a Yardi client unless
such use by the parent, subsidiary, or other affiliate is bound by the terms of an authorized Yardi license agreement; (d) distribute, sublicense, sell,
assign, transfer, rent, lease, pledge or encumber Yardi Technology, or make any attempt to do so; or (e) alter, remove, or hinder delivery of any
copyright, disclaimer, or proprietary notice appearing in or on any Yardi Technology. You must abide by all notices, agreements, information, or
restrictions contained in, attached to, or in any way associated with any Yardi Technology. Yardi® is a registered Yardi trademark, and Yardi''s logo and
product names are Yardi trademarks. You agree not to display or use in any manner Yardi''s trademarks without Yardi''s prior, express, written permission.
Yardi Technology contains proprietary information about software processes, algorithms, and data models which are Confidential Information within the
meaning of Yardi’s authorized license agreements, and constitutes trade secrets, and which are intended for utilization solely in connection with the
authorized use of Yardi Technology exclusively for Business Purposes and for no other purpose. You may not use Yardi Technology or any Confidential
Information to compete with Yardi and you may not disclose it to a Yardi competitor. Any download or copy of Yardi Technology must contain the copyright
notice that accompanies such Yardi Technology. You agree that Yardi Technology must remain at all times in the Yardi cloud and may not be removed or copied
to any other location at any time. You agree that all right, title and interest in and to Yardi Technology and all information therein, including all
copyrights and other intellectual property inherent therein or appurtenant thereto, are, and at all times shall remain, the sole and exclusive property of
No Security Violations
You may not use Yardi Technology to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network
or computing device, whether owned and operated by Yardi, a Yardi client or any third party (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to
breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. This prohibition does
not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, Yardi Technology for any illegal, harmful or offensive use, or to transmit,
store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal Activities. Any illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available gambling sites or services or
disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Activities that may be harmful to others, Yardi or a Yardi client’s operations or reputation, including offering or
disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), or
engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes
child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or
data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
No Network Abuse
- You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly
that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing,
news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
- Engage in "screen scraping" or "database scraping" to obtain lists of Internet keywords, URLs, users, customers, affiliates, or other information;
No E-Mail or Other Message Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations
(like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity
without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate
this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of Yardi Technology. We may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of Yardi Technology; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of Yardi
Technology or Voyager.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third
parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies,
regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems
information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify Yardi customer support and provide us with assistance, as requested, to
stop or remedy the violation.